Thursday 27 November 2014

Chunky Crochet Bowl

I've made a funny little bowl!


Last Christmas I was given a kit for one of those frilly ruffle scarves...


I love the colours, but the frilly scarf itself isn't really my style.  I've been thinking for ages what else I could use the yarn for, and there are ideas out there for other non-scarf uses, but I've struggled to find anything I liked.

So, I decided to crochet it up into a little bowl!  I used a 15mm hook, and it was quite hard going, as the yarn is very thick when used in this way, as a single "thread", so to speak.  The yarn does not go very far like this, but I managed to get a dinky something.

Apart from struggling with the thickness, it was a quick make, as it's only a few rounds.

(dc = tr for UK)
Round 1: ch 4, sl st into first ch to form ring
Round 2: ch 3, 7 dc into centre, sl st into top of ch 3 [8 st]
Round 3: ch 3, 1 dc into same st, 2 dc into each dc, sl st into top of ch 3 [16 st]
Round 4: ch 3, 1 dc into each dc, sl st into top of ch 3 and finish



Although, I'm not sure what to use the bowl for now!  It's a funny little thing.  Maybe I'll end up undoing it and making a scarf after all.

What do you think, keep it as a bowl or try something else?  Any ideas of what else could be made with this ruffle yarn?


2 comments:

  1. There is always room for things you can put other things in... Apple cozy for the lunchbox? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's adorable! I love the mix of colours. I do like multi-colour yarn like this one. Not so much the ones that fade in and out of different colours the more you knit / crochet (as I find them a touch naff). But this! Oh it's just too squee!

    And I love your opening image. It's really strong and perfectly shows how chunky that wool is. Well played, Miles. Well played.

    xx A

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...